Munch, Munch, Munch

I found this idea last fall over at StoryTime Secrets.  I had never heard the poem before, and that's kind of rare for me after so many years teaching, so I snatched it right up!  Rather than a laminated version, I decided to do a felt set using the collage method, because as you might know by now, that's my favorite as far as aesthetics go!  The barn isn't collaged--it's from DLTK.  I think I had started to make the whole farm set from that site, but in the end I just included it with this set to give a little farm ambiance :)  If I get back around to doing the whole farm set, I'll store the barn there and pull it out to use with this, as well as other farm themed stories and rhymes.




(This particular set isn't for sale, but please check out my shop with many of my other sets:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/FlannelBoardFun)
Here are the words:

5 Little Apples (but I call it Munch, Munch, Munch)

Five little apples hung on a tree
The farmer wasn't looking
So guess who came to eat?
A CATERPILLAR.......MUNCH, MUNCH

Four little apples hung on a tree
The farmer wasn't looking
So guess who came to eat?
A BIRD.........MUNCH, MUNCH


Three little apples hung on a treeThe farmer wasn't looking
So guess who came to eat?
A PIG..........MUNCH,MUNCH


Two little apples hung on a treeThe farmer wasn't looking
So guess who came to eat?
A HORSE.......MUNCH,MUNCH


One little apple hung on a treeThe farmer wasn't looking
So guess who came to eat?
A SCARECROW......MUNCH,MUNCH


Now the tree is bare
There are no more apples there
But when next fall comes around
Guess who'll be there?

THE CATERPILLAR
THE BIRD
THE PIG
THE HORSE
and the SCARECROW

YUM! YUM!

The Flannel Friday roundup is being hosted this week by Melissa at Mel's Desk!  You'll also find other Flannel Friday goodies at PinterestFacebook, and the FF blog--check them out!


2 comments:

  1. This is such a fun rhyme, saving for later! Love your technique Wendy, your pieces turned out so beautifully. Thanks for sharing!

    -Jessica
    Storytime in the Stacks

    ReplyDelete